Thursday, September 27, 2012

Past Two Days: September 27th



Today in history, we took a test about Congress, the branches of government, and the U.S. Constitution. I thought it was pretty easy, especially with the study guide we were given beforehand. Like all tests, there were a few I got stuck on, but overall I think I did pretty well.
Yesterday, we did an "Edcafe." This is just an activity in which each person in the class researches a topic that they were given by Mr. Boyle and presents it to a small group a few days later. This Edcafe was about the First Amendment of the Constitution and I was assigned to research the right to petition the government. I learned about a lot of cases where people actually did petition the government. One case I found was about women's rights in being able to vote equally. This petition actually worked, and women had more rights than they did before and were more equal to men. I also found one about the abolishment of slavery worldwide, and it did succeed in stopping slavery in some areas. I even found a petition about women's rights to drink coffee. I took notes on all these things and then presented them to a group. This was a fun activity to do because we got to interact with our classmates. This method of presenting makes sure everyone gets to speak, and I think that because of this, I was able to remember all of the information that I was told. It was a very effective learning method for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment